Friday, August 17, 2012

Wall Art | Jackson, MI Portrait Photographer

My mother always said, "Don't do as I do, do as I say," which of course I thought was the most unfair statement ever. I would much rather lead by example, so here it is. I am always preaching about buying large prints (wall art). An 8x10 is not considered wall art in my book, I'm talking about 11x14 and larger images printed to show off their beauty and display your family proudly. I've taken a few images of the wall art I've got displayed around my home.

First is an 18x24 gallery block of a sunset that I captured while I was on vacation in Traverse City, MI. I love the gallery blocks!! They have a slight metallic look to the print which makes the colors pop and a kind of plastic texture so it makes cleaning really easy. Plus, they come ready to hang! It doesn't get much easier than that, unwrap it, and hang that baby up for everyone to see. I get more compliments on this than of any other image I have in my house purely because of how unique the gallery blocks are.


The second image is a 20x30 on canvas. I love these canvases because they have the closed back unlike most that are open and they too come ready to hang. Mine isn't hanging, it's sitting on top of a short bookcase as shown below. It fits perfectly right there because the bookcase is the same width as the print. Another reason I like the canvas print is it's really light weight. Sometimes they tend to get heavy and I worry about them falling off the wall (especially since I don't ever hang things properly lol, I'm such a girl), but I don't worry with these at all.

The next set of these that I order for home are going to be two prints of my dogs to hang above my head to make a kind of mock headboard. I have the perfect images all picked out that will match my room exactly.



Last, but not least is my collage wall display. This is where I've broken the rule, but it's okay because the images are part of a larger display. Here is two 8x10's and a 16x20 in the middle. The left side is my mothers side of the family and the right is my fathers; and of course my dogs and me in the middle. This is my favorite display hanging in my home since it's all about my family. And it just goes to show that no matter how big or small your family is, it's still important to hold on to those memories and get portraits done. Even though my family photo with my dogs was done this past winter, I am planning on updating it again in the fall once the leaves change, that's my favorite time of year.

6 comments:

  1. Collages are so much fun! They can totally make a room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love big prints up on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big print up on the wall makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Gallery Block! I can't wait to get my art up on the walls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you practice what you preach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog
    so i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to improve my website!
    I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!
    Feel free to visit my homepage - wall

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...