Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Featured Vendor: Howard's Feed Store

Usually I post Featured Vendors that can be helpful for a session in some way, but today I decided to do things a little different. I've decided to feature Howard's Feed Store here in Jackson because they're a local family owned business. When I first moved to Jackson it was kind of hard to find food for my dogs since one is allergic to corn and I feed them specific food. There was one store that sold it, but it was quite a bit more than what I had been paying for it so I needed a new option. Just on a whim one day I stopped into Howard's to see what they carried, low-and-behold they carried the food and it was the cheapest I've ever saw it. I thought it might have been on sale or something, but nope, it was their everyday price!

The more I went in there to get dog food the more I loved it. The staff is always so friendly and they carry the bag of food out to your car for you. Plus, they have other things that are not so common in the other pet store here like leather leads, food grade diatomaceous earth (this is a fine white powder that is used as a natural defense against fleas, ticks, and internal parasites), and HUGE pigs ears. The only downfall is their hours are not so congruent with my schedule, but I will go out of my way to give them my business because of their amazing service. I know they close at 5:30p on the weekdays, noon on Saturday, and closed on Sunday.

If you'd like to check out Howard's Feed Store for yourself, the address and phone number are listed below.

206 West Louis Glick Highway
Jackson, MI 49201
(517) 789-6081

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I love highlighting local mom and pop shops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long ways away from me! It is nice to find local stores to help support instead of the big chain stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love supporting local shops! Good for you and I'm sure your doggies love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a great Feed Store around us that my husband goes to now to get the special food our dogs need too! What a blessing these places are!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...