Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Michigan Renaissance Festival | Jackson, MI Photographer

If you remember from last year (2011 post), I LOVE the Michigan Renaissance Festival that goes on annually in Holly, MI. The sights, sounds, and smells are a sensory overload! There's so much to do there and all kinds of fun performances to watch. This year we sat and watched a man balance a bench on his chin, the Ded Bob Sho (I definitely recommend this one if you're going to go. And get there early, he always has a full house), and lastly the jousting. The food they have is so savory and rich; my favorites are the turkey drumsticks and ginormous pickles they have. The drumsticks are so huge, I had left overs for lunch the next day!


I couldn't decide which version I liked better of this man, but I'm leaning toward the b&w. Every year I go, I see him and never have had the courage to ask permission for his portrait. This year, I did, and I'm so glad because his presence and the effort he puts into his appearance at the festival is just astounding.






8 comments:

  1. that looks like a really cool event

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Renn Faires!!! The culture is amazing, rich and beautiful. Great job capturing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg - I'm so jealous that you went to this festival. I love these events. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have captured the spirit and culture of the event so beautifully! I definitely prefer the bw of the man. Thank you so much for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great shots! We always take my boys, ours comes in March. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! It's been years since I've been to the MN one. Great images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FUN!!! You get to shoot some of the best sights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was with Natalie at this event, and it is just as amazing as she described it.Ii really love both pics of the old man. Wonderful action shots. You really captured the excitement we all felt!


    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...