Friday, February 24, 2012

Behind the Scenes: Cascades Humane Society Pet Portrait Contest & Graphic Design

A Facebook group I'm in suggested doing a "behind the scenes" post. I thought the idea was awesome, but I didn't know what I wanted to show especially since I don't own a studio, so you'd pretty much be getting a photo of me sitting on my bed with the dogs working on my computer lol. But then I figured I'd share a little bit of what I'm doing at the moment instead.

The Cascades Humane Society is hosing a pet portrait contest. You sign up for a time slot and bring at least one 10lbs bag of dog/cat food, then Carrie from Freeland Photography does a mini session for your pet, and voting will open on March 10th. I'm going to enter Piglet because he's such a cutie and an awesome model. I'm really excited to have someone else photograph Piglet, he's only worked with two other photographers besides me and Carrie's work is beautiful. It'll be cool to see Pig through someone else's eyes. If you're interested in entering your pet here's the Facebook Event page with all the information.

School has also been a big consumption of my time currently. We started off the semester with two big projects: a company identity redesign & personal identity. For the company redesign we had to draw names out of a bag, at first I drew Roto Rooter!! We were able to put it back once and draw again, so I did and got ACE Hardware. I wasn't too excited about it to begin with, but like everything else there are things we don't want to do, but have to. And I figure I can't pick my clients when I get a graphic design job so I got to work. At first I didn't want to do anything that was too "hardware store," so I went the playing card route. I used the different suits, but just wasn't satisfied. Then I tried mixing the diamonds to make it look like a screw head and that didn't work either, so I drew a hammer and came up with the solution below. 

The personal identity one was much harder because I'm so indecisive about colors and how I want things to look. I mean, I look back at my photography logo and it's changed SO much. I just like too many things lol, which obviously isn't good for branding. You recognize Target and places like that because their branding is so strong and repeated in everything they do. I'm really happy with this logo, so I'm going to stick with it for awhile (*fingers crossed*). 


1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I really like the one you did for your personal identity!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...