Sunday, February 19, 2012

FEATURED VENDOR {Tough Love MPD}

Tough Love MPD: Hair & make-up artistry.
Promoting vanity one face at a time.

I met Taryn when in 2005 while I was going to college at Eastern Michigan University. We ended up being housemates in a house near campus that more resembled MTV's Real World than what I had anticipated. The lease ended and everyone went their separate ways and through the magic world of the internet we ended up being reconnected. She was just starting to develop her business Tough Love MPD and I was just starting to take photography seriously. Ever since we lived together I was in love with her gorgeous red hair (seriously you need to see it, I don't think there's such thing as a bad hair day in her life), so I messaged her and asked if she minded modeling for me. Of course she agreed, so the rest is history.

Taryn, owner of ToughLove MPD

Weddings & Makeovers

Halloween/Costume

 Seniors

I've been lucky enough to watch her business grow leaps and bounds in the years since I've known her. Taryn's skills astonish me, I wish I could do my own make-up half as good as she does. Her work is very versatile too! She can do weddings, costume, everyday, airbrush...practically anything. Her work has been seen in Fashioned in Hell, the Ypsi Style Fashion Show, the catalog at Fantasy Attic Costumes, MakeupGeek.com, The Ann, and many more places across Michigan.

She's the first person I recommend to anyone looking to get hair/makeup services!

Facebook
Taryn_mx@yahoo.com

8 comments:

  1. How awesome! And you're right - her hair is GORGEOUS. Color me jealous! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair IS AMAZING! Yep, I'm too jealous that you got to photograph her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is very talented, and how awesome that the two of you can collaborate together. Small world- I graduated from EMU and lived in Ypsi for a few years ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Ypsi!!! I'd move back there in a heartbeat if I could :)

      Delete
  4. I love how we can help other businesses grow through sharing! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vendor reviews are so fun. Great way to collaberate with others and mak each other shine. Her makeup is fantastic! The detail on the halloween make up is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm using a make up artist for a shoot this Friday for the first time! Yay for vendors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make a world of difference for photos, I love working with them!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...