Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sandy Puc: Creative Edge Kids Tour

This was the fourth tour of Sandy's that I've been to and they never cease to amaze me. You'd think that she'd run out of things to teach us about, but no...every time I come back with an abundance of new knowledge that I am anxiously waiting to implement. This time the tour was about how to create AMAZING children's portraits with a focus on newborns to toddlers.

But that's not the only thing she talks about, she also helps photographers build their business to help them become more successful. She has an online "university" with video tutorials and a site called Certify with Sandy, which pretty much helps you step by step get certified as a Master Photographer with the Professional Photographers of America. This is a BIG deal because not many photographers take the time to do it and you're tested. It's like taking the BAR exam for lawyers, but in photography.

She's such an incredible person, I can't believe how she does everything that she does!! She's like Super Photog! She's got a pin-up tour coming around in September (but it's not coming to Detroit so I'd need to go to Chicago) and I'm hoping to catch that one as well, but if I don't she'll be back in the summer of 2012 so I'll be at that tour.

On a completely unrelated note, on the way home from the tour there was an amazing storm that was rolling through. So I pulled off on a country road and sat there for two hours playing with my camera and capturing lightning images. I adore storms, there's just something about them that calm me down, but I LOVE taking photos of the lightning. If you've ever tried to do so you know it's not as easy as it sounds. Here's a few of the successful ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...