Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Resolutions | Jackson, MI Photographer

Once again it's that time of year to make resolutions to better yourself and your life. Every year I make personal resolutions and business resolutions. I believe every business should always be continuing to grow and learn, that's the only way to be the best you can be. So here's my list of business resolutions for 2013:

1. Simplify my work flow. What does that mean? It means I'm going to get more organized so I can work smarter and not harder. I'll be making checklists so I know what I've done and what I need to get done in order to expedite the portrait process. Now I know that you won't see the checklists, but on my end it's going to make the process a heck of a lot easier!

2. Referral program. I am working on rolling out a referral program that will earn current & past customers money towards future prints.So here's how it will work for past clients: every customer that books a portrait session and tells me your name you will receive a $50 print credit good towards prints from a past session or a future session. For new and future clients, when you pick up your print order you will also receive referral cards. Hand them out to family, friends, your gardener...whoever you want. For each person that brings me that card and books a portrait session you will receive a $50 print credit good towards prints from your session or you can save them for future portraits.

3. New toys. I've been drooling over a few lenses starting with the Canon 70-300mm f/2.8 IS II USM and the Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro, so I'll be working on saving my pennies to buy these two beauties. I've used both of them in the past and just love the images I can make with them, so they will be an incredible addition to my camera bag.



 Above: taken with the Canon 70-300mm f/2.8 IS II USM
Below: taken with the Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro

10 comments:

  1. It's always a great idea to make resolutions for your business. Write them down and post them where you can see them every day so you don't "lose focus!" Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your resolutions. Looking forward to reading about how you accomplish them over 2013 as you document them over your blog this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great goals! To simplify anything is always good:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even think about making resolutions for my business! Thank you for the inspiration! And I love that top photos. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great resolutions!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go with written resolutions! I hope you can mark them all off as completed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love each of your resolutions, especially the simplify workflow =) (and of course new toys!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some good resolutions!! Love new toys ;) Happy New Year and all the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...