Wednesday, June 20, 2012

{FEATURED VENDOR} Ink & Iron

It's been a minute since I posted a Featured Vendor and I've been wanting to add the wonderful woman of Ink & Iron for awhile now. I try to buy local as much as I can and while I was in school, we had to have business cards for our final portfolio. From the moment our teacher showed us a letterpressed wedding invite, I KNEW that, that's what I was going to do for my business cards. They were elegant, caught everyone's attention, and were just downright stunning. What's letterpress you ask? It's a type of press printing. Plates are made and pressed into the paper, then another plate goes over with the ink. It's not like a photo, so there aren't very many colors that you get printed at once. Most letterpress projects are one to two colors because the process is really expensive. So on my search I went to find a local and affordable letterpress.

I actually came across Ink & Iron on Etsy where she had letterpressed cards for sale. I saw that she was out of Port Huron, MI and her cards were reasonably priced, so I e-mailed her for a quote. She was very fast to respond and WELL below the other quotes I was receiving of $400+ for 50 business cards. I already had my card designed out so all I had to do was e-mail over the design and the specific colors. She had them plated, printed, and shipped to me within a week! Talk about excellent service! Her cards would be great for any occasion, I highly recommend checking out her store and if you don't see what you're looking for, shoot her an e-mail.


9 comments:

  1. WOW! Love these!! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look Great!. great shot as well nice dof

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot! woot! shout out to PH,MI I will be there next month, I can't wait!!!...oh yeah and awesome cards too <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! Love everything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are really nice! I want to get my hands one some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, Natalie, those are BEAUTIFUL! I can SEE the quality without even holding them in my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...